Weekly Review 2017 Week 9
This is my second weekly review. I have expected much less articles read as I’ve spent my weekends on a Garage48 hackathon.
- Exploring JS.
- Do not place users in the
- Build your own Nix binary cache.
- Use supervisord for running services for your development environment.
Chapters read so far:
- 4. Core ES6 features
- 5. New number and Math features
- 6. New string features
- 7. Symbols
- 8. Template literals
Nix / NixOS
Docker and containerization
- Why and How to Use Docker for Development
- Why we don’t let non-root users run Docker in CentOS, Fedora, or RHEL. I can leave with
sudo dockerfor now.
- Supervisor: A Process Control System — Supervisor 3.3.1 documentation. A lightweight systemd alternative for containers. It is also nice to use without containers, too.
By the way, I’m searcing for a non-root containerization. The only thing I can think of now is Vagga. If you know any alternatives, please let me know.
- Fast, Deterministic, and Portable Counting Leading Zeros
- Современный подход к сборке мусора. (Modern techniques for garbage collection.) Nothing deeply technical, but describes why new Go’s no-configure GC is a bullshit.
- Как мы уже 4 года выживаем в условиях двух релизов в день
- The Weekly Review: How One Hour Can Save You A Week’s Worth of Hassle and Headache. How to do weekly review better.
- История создания моего блога, как и зачем я его веду. This is one of the very few blogs I follow so it was nice to read why it exists. It is also motivating me to blog more.
- Mozilla pockets Pocket in first acquisition. The great thing for me is pocket might become Open Source.
- Pocket Wants You To Read Ads Later Too. Pocket has a good monetization through ads.
- How to Keep Emotions From Running Your Life. I should give this more thoughts and start practicing.
- The Rise of the Monk Mode Morning. I should try this somewhen.
- Tag (metadata). Especially knowledge tags.